Sunday, October 3, 2010

My List.

There are a conglomeration of things I want to do in life before I die. Preferably not by myself, but hey, whatever works. When I was in high school, a friend and I (and by this friend and I, what I really mean is,myself--This particular friend just kind of nodded while I jotted down my insanity)made this list of things we felt should be accomplished in most people's lifetimes. On that list was things like 'Roller blade at sunset with knee pads' and 'wear green spandex for a day.' Though I became remarkably attached to that list and the person who nodded while I made it, I've actually decided that list really wasn't for that person at all. That list wasn't going to keep that person around or make them feel entitled to stay my friend just because we had uncharted territory marked up in pen on a piece of notebook paper.

With that said, I've decided honesty is the best policy. I threw away that list and started a new one a little over six months ago, and I've decided I'm going to keep adding to it. I have some really dumb things I desire to do or experience before I die, and I have no reason to be ashamed about it. Here's a few of my lighthearted favorites. (Warning: If you are an over-analyzer like me, you need to understand the numerical order is not in order of importance whatsoever. And scene.)

1. Spend a fourth of July in Disneyland or Disneyworld to see the fireworks in the happiest place on earth.
2. Stay overnight at a beach.
3. Go camping with a real tent and real campfood.
4. Cook a foreign food in the most authentic way possible.
5. Write out a recipe.
6. Write and publish a book.
7. Go to a date at a drive-in movie.
8. Buy ten used books with inscriptions from loved ones that mean something to me personally.
9. Speak on something I'm passionate about. (This is a big one, because public speaking scares the life out of me.)
10. Go to Ireland.
11. Play Belle in 'Beauty and the Beast.'
12. Go on a spontaneous date to somewhere I've never been.
13. See more of the US.
14. Work at a soup kitchen for Christmas morning.
15. Play a show of completely original songs and say nothing negative about myself afterward.
16. Punch a political protester.
17. Run over orange road cones...on purpose.
18. Buy a stranger flowers.
19. Spend a summer as a Vegan.
20. Live in the city.


Those are a few =). Hope you enjoyed.

~Rachel~

No comments: