Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Question Is...

Why have I been avoiding this blog?

I know why: I've lived a large portion of my life navigating through various filters that end in the letter Y. Well, I'm over that now. You can call me a grownup or something if you want, because that is what I'm trying to be--A genuine, self-respecting woman of the Lord, called for and to a purpose, living solely for her Creator. Now that the avoidance issue is has been addressed, I'll move on.

I'm finally at school, and there is something incredibly comforting about it. Perhaps it is that tiny William Jessup University was the place I experienced true community. It is the place I was embraced. It is the place I learned to find myself lost in Him instead of him. Or maybe it is something as simple as I really enjoy books and Mel's french fries (which just so happen to be right down the street from me.) Whatever it is, I am so thrilled to be back in my quaint dorm, brewing coffee and hearing the beautiful voice of the girl who lives in the room next to me; I hope she never stops singing.

I am so excited with what God is doing in my life. I'm am so thrilled for this adventure. I am so glad to die to self and live in complete abandoned obedience because I am learning there is nothing quite as freeing as letting go with both hands. More than anything, I'm excited to see what plans God has up His sleeve. I have a feeling He has some good ones in store =).

I don't want to be angry anymore, I've been angry for years. I don't want to live my life feeling like a victim, because I'm not. I am more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus.

The pattern has stopped here. And I couldn't be more thrilled.

I am genuinely ready for this, I've been waiting to be ready for years, and God has answered my prayers. I'm free; I am so free. Is it going to be a process? Absolutely, and God's by no means finished with me. But this is off to a great start. For the first time in, I can't even remember how long, I know I'm moving in forward motion. And I know I'm not looking back.

Hey, Hey 2010. You're looking pretty good to me.


No comments: